Sunday 14 October 2012

Wagaya Restaurant, Sydney

 Hi Everyone!! More about Japanese restaurant here.
So, last Friday I went to Wagaya Restaurant at Sydney, in Chinatown. It was not the first time I went to this restaurant. However, the feeling of Japanese in this resto is so "Japanese".. With the Japanese people serving, the feeling cannot be even more Japanese. With ordering the menu, it uses an electronic touch-screen where the visitors can just order foods and drink by touching it.

Eel tempura
So, that night, because there were 24 people in the dinner, we can tried a lot of menus. We ordered eel tempura, soft-shell crab salad, dragon roll, aburi salmon cream cheese roll, aburi salmon and scallop roll, beef tataki, sashimi and some ice creams. The eel tempura was very nice. It was so crispy outside and so tender inside. The sauce used also contributed a lot to the dish.

 The soft-shell crab salad was pretty good too. The dressing for the salad was very good. It has lettuce, tomato, corn, cucumber and the soft-shell crab of course. However, the soft-shell crab was not as crispy as I thought it would be. It still tasted good though. Then the beef tataki came out, I thought it was so average. I thought they overcooked the beef. It was pretty strange as well as there was no sauce on the beef tataki. We had to dip it into the sauce instead. Probably just a different way doing it.
Aburi salmon cream cheese roll
Soft shell crab salad
 Then, the rolls came out. There were three rolls that we ordered. The first one was the dragon roll. It had eel at the top with the fried lotus seeds at the very top. It was very very delicious. The next roll was very good too, the aburi salmon cream cheese roll.. It was heaven. The cheese was just melt in my mouth. With the combination flavour it got, it was a gold. Also, the scallop and the salmon roll were very good as well. Who does not like grilled scallop and salmon on their roll? With a little bit of fish roe, it was a perfect simple roll.

Dragon Roll
The sashimi was alright, I did not think it was very good. However, when I visited the restaurant the first time, I thought the sashimi was much better. I had the scallop on Friday and it was not as good as a year ago when I went to this restaurant. The other components were quite average, except the tamago (eggs). I thought the tamago was quite exceptional.

Black sesame roll
Then, who does not like Japanese ice cream with its unique flavours?? There are green tea, black sesame and vanilla that the guests can choose. However, do not choose vanilla!! You can get vanilla ice cream everywhere.... So, I tried the black sesame.. I was VERY VERY GOOD! I liked it so much, rather than the matcha/ green tea (especially if you have trouble sleeping at night after having green tea).

Overall, the experience I had here was very nice. The service was very good and quick as well, with the touch-screen technology helping the serving process. However, booking is necessary as this restaurant is very crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment