Friday 5 October 2012

Löwenbräu Restaurant, The Rocks, Sydney

Attraction
Beer
Guten Morgen!
This restaurant is called Löwenbräu a German restaurant located at The Rocks, Circular Quay, Sydney. When I got in, the atmosphere really reminds me of being inside the dining room of a castle where the armies are drinking beers, chanting and eating; it maybe because of the walls are made out of big bricks..We all went in and ordering the foods. All the waitresses were dressed in a German's traditional clothes. So you really get it, ok, German..


Schlachtplatte 
Then, we order the German Pretzel, Schlachtplatte which is the platter which consists of Löwenbräu’s Selection of Bavarian Specialties - Sausages, Chicken Schnitzel, Meat Loaf and Roast Pork Belly, Served with Mashed Potatoes, Sauerkraut, Braised Red Cabbage, Bread Dumpling and Bier Gravy Double the Size and get a Roasted Pork Knuckle on Top. It says that this will serve two. The pretzel came out for the appetizer. When I tried it, I thought it was a bit tough and flavour was not so amazing as well. I reckon I will not order that again next time, or it can just be my taste, maybe it actually tasted good as a German Pretzel but I just do not like it. Then, the platter came out, it was quite big, I think for my tummy, it can be for 3-4 people. I think the pork knuckle is the best! It is their speciality. The second best is the chicken Schnitzel! Other components were very nice too. So, this platter is highly recommended.

What I like about this restaurant is not just about the foods, but also the attractions. There are some entertainers at the little stage they have. They played trumpets, danced, and sang. They also invited the guests to step to the front and danced with them! When I went there, they had this beer drinking competition. So who could finish first and he/she won. It was quite funny to watch.

Thus, it was a very nice experience going to this restaurant. Also, I think the price and experience we got were worth it. However, booking is necessary as this restaurant is quite crowded, especially during the weekends and if you go with a big group. Please also note that because there is alcohol in this restaurant, for under 18, they cannot get in, for over 18, please bring your ID card/passport.



No comments:

Post a Comment