Friday 9 November 2012

Chinta Ria Mood For Love, Westfield Building, Sydney

Hey everyone! How's weekend?
Sassy Roll
Have you heard about Chinta Ria? In Sydney, there are two restaurants under Chinta Ria, the one is Chinta Ria Mood for Love (Westfield) and the other one is Chinta Ria Temple of Love (in Darling Harbour). I have not been to the one in Darling Harbour, hope it is as good as the one in Westfield.
So, I went to Chinta Ria Mood for Love (catchy name, isn't it?). When I went inside, the feeling was so cozy. It is not big, very nice when you go with a small group.
So, we ordered Sassy Roll as on-tray, Sambal Fish for main and Durian Pudding with Black Sesame for dessert.
Sambal Fish
First order came out, it was the Sassy Roll. So it is basically a minced chicken rolled with bean curd (there are some water chestnut inside as well) served with dipping sauce (chili basically). It was so delicious. I think the winner is the chili! Without the chili it would not taste that great.
Then, the sambal fish came out. Fish that you get depends on the fish of the day. It is fried and served with Malaysian sambal. The first time I tasted it, it was OK, just OK. But then after I dig more, yumm... The sambal kicked in. At the end we finished the fish and we were still eating the sambal.. That is how good it is.
Durian Pudding
Then, the dessert came out. Durian!!!! I love durian.... Durian is an exotic tropical fruit. For you that haven't seen or tasted it, go to Indonesia/Malaysia, durians are very good there. In Eat, Pray, Love, I still remember Javier Bardem said it smells like foot. Well..... You never know if you don't try. The Durian pudding I think is a bit sweet for me. However, the taste is beautiful. I think it is more like a custard instead of pudding.
And the winner is (*drum roll*), sassy roll!!! I ordered that twice that day! And asked for the dipping sauce twice as well.. The crunch of the water chestnut lifted it up as well.
So, I'll come back for the sassy roll of course.
Be cautious though, that it is a small restaurant, so if you want to come with a group more than 8 people, you had to go with a banquet menu which costs $55 pp, which I think is quite expensive. However, probably worth it because the foods are nice.
Looking forward to try the one in Darling Harbour, Chinta Ria Temple of Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment